Saturday, July 15, 2006

Forrest Painting


Forrest
Originally uploaded by jimblodget.

This week I installed Painter 8 on my new MacBook. This is my first trial painting based on a digital photo I took at the Basket Slough wildlife preserve near Rickreall, Oregon. I used a couple of "Oil" brushes on this 12 by 16 inch image. It took me two hours to complete it. As I compare it to my other paintings done in Painter 5, I find I really prefer the custom brushes I made in version 5. I'll have to do a lot of experimentation to duplicate those brushes in this new version since I can't figure out how to import the older version brushes.

I printed this image on my Epson 1280 on Epson Velvet Matt Heavyweight paper. I looks very rich, but too soft. Most of the brush strokes blend too much with the underlying paint.

No comments: