Saturday, January 01, 2005

Zipboingwow Show #7

Ankeny Overflight


This week's recording was made at the Ankeny Wildlife Refuge just south of Salem, Oregon on November 23, 2002. I made it in one continuous 20 minute stretch. As I stood there one flock of water birds after another flew over me. I turned and focused on them with the stereo cone mic as I would a video camera. Between groups you can hear blackbirds and songbirds and near the end a hawk flew in and landed in a nearby tree. This is a great recording to listen to on headphones just before going to bed. It's very relaxing.

Show Notes

Download the file: zbw7_1-1-05.mp3 (8.5 Mb, 64 Kbps, 22Khz).

2 comments:

Jon Wright said...

That sounds really cool. Very natural. I can hear a horn or something in the background. What is it?

Jim Blodget said...

Thanks for your comment. I think there was some construction going on or some farm equipment in the distance. That may be the "horn" you hear.

Jim